Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013





Aapam/Sannas


South Indian aapams are deliciously soft and light. This is my mother’s recipe – works every time! There’s a video too – the method is slightly different but well explained. 

2 ½ cups raw rice and 2 tablespoons urad dal soaked for 5 hours. 2 tablespoons grated coconut
2 tsps sugar
1 tsp yeast+1/2 tsp sugar
2 tablespoons cooked rice

Grind rice, dal, cooked rice and coconut with a little water to a thick. smooth consistency. Soak yeast and sugar in ½ cup of warm water for 5 minutes, then add to the mixture. Add salt to taste. Cover and leave for 2 hours, then make aapams or sannas.

You’ll need a wok to make the aapams – the video will show you how.
To make sannas, half-fill small stainless steel vessels (katoris) with the mixture and steam till done.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Shalini
I'm passionate about holistic healing and I love to read, write and cook.
View my complete profile