Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fish Dinner






It looks like the monsoon has come to an end and barring a few 'goodbye' thundershowers, it should be blue skies and sunny days ahead. And the fishman begins his rounds with such a wide variety of fish for sale! Though Pune is not by the sea, it is a few hours away so the fish we get is fresh. We were in a hurry to eat, so I apologise for the 'shaky' picture!

Fish - depending on the size, one or half a large slice per person. I used Surmai or Kingfish - any fleshy fish is fine. Marinate the fish for a few hours in a mixture of barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, a chicken cube, salt, pepper and some red wine (optional). In a food processor/grinder, coarsely grind a couple of slices of bread, some basil leaves and a little bit of cheese. Dip the fish in the breadcrumbs and shallow fry in oil. (I use olive oil, any oil is fine.)

Potatoes - I boiled and peeled some baby potatoes and smothered them in mayonnaise.

Stir-fry Veggies - I chopped up carrots, beans, zucchini, cabbage and green capsicum and stir-fried them, adding salt,pepper and a dash of lime juice.

Salad - To a bunch of mixed salad leaves, I added a dressing of olive oil, honey, sugar, salt, vinegar and red chilly flakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Shalini
I'm passionate about holistic healing and I love to read, write and cook.
View my complete profile